Whoever tells you supplementation is not important is probably correct. But did they try to understand your lifestyle before making that statement? You don’t need supplements only if you tick the following boxes:
- You eat 5-9 servings each (approximately 400 grams) of fruits and vegetables daily.
- You are fairly active, moving at least for 90-120 minutes a day, including 30-40 minutes of vigorous exercise.
- You have very little stress (consider urban traveling in India also as daily stress)
- You breathe clean air free of pollution, gases, and dust.
- You consume organically grown foods that are not genetically modified and are free of pesticides.
- You avoid packaged or ready to eat foods (packed with preservatives, artificial flavoring and coloring agents, and other ‘permitted’ chemicals).
- You are not exposed to radiation from electronic and mobile devices.
- You have tested yourself and know that you don’t have any nutritional deficiency.
How many did you tick?
If you want to be the best version of yourself, you need to close the nutritional gap created by today’s convenient lifestyle. Choosing plant-based supplements will help you get the benefits of phytonutrients that help improve immunity and energy levels, and optimize your overall health and quality of life.