Tips to lose weight naturally
It is a truth universally acknowledged: we all want to be fit, healthy, and attractive. But when we’re scratching our heads over how to lose weight we get put off by the visions of vicious gym trainers, punishing exercises, and aching muscles. Yes, it’s a frightening thought… and fortunately not completely accurate. So before you lose the will to make some healthy life choices, hear us out.
Firstly, weight loss does depend on a certain amount of exercise – the amount, the frequency, and the form of exercise depend on you. The good news is once you start and move past the initial stiff muscles, fitness can be fun (we do not make this statement lightly) and the mental health benefits of exercise are immense. But there are other things you can do to speed up your fitness journey – small tips and tricks to speed you on your way to a healthy life and fitness. So let’s dive in!
- Chew, chew, chew: Let’s start with something easy – chewing. It’s not something we give a lot of thought to but the speed at which you chew controls how much you eat. Fast eating and chewing quickly cause you to eat more, and lead to an increase in weight. Instead, slow down and give your brain time to register how full or hungry you are.
- A glass half full: A sly way to induce natural weight loss is to drink water. First, make sure you drink 8-13 glasses of water throughout the day. This not only helps regulate your appetite but it also keeps your energy levels high.
- Sweet dreams: This might seem contrary to you, but one of the great ways to lose weight at home is to get enough sleep. Improper sleep cycles make it harder to shed weight and also leave you groggy and sluggish – not the best feeling when you’re headed to the gym.
- Sugar (un)free: Who can resist the lure of sugar-free or diet snacks? It’s a great way to continue eating what you love, with the added benefit of being junk-free. Except, most of these products aren’t lower in calories, which means it’s back to square one.
- Go Green: This one is pretty well-known. Green tea is great for when you’re trying to make healthy life choices. Not only is it great for weight loss, but green tea is loaded with antioxidants. If you’re willing to go a step further, try taking your green tea without sugar. And we’ll raise you one by suggesting you try matcha green tea, which has powerful health benefits (even more than regular green tea)
- Spice up your life: The burn in this remedy is quite literal – eating jalapenos or chili peppers can boost your metabolism and aid in the process of burning fat, thanks to a clever compound called capsaicin. Note: don’t go overboard; regulate the amount of spice you add to your food.
- Brush it off: While we consider brushing a necessary and healthy lifestyle habit, we don’t really think about how it could affect our eating habits. We start our day of eating by brushing our teeth and end it by doing the same. Brushing your teeth after eating might discourage you from eating more or snacking – think about the taste of toothpaste with whatever you’re eating or drinking – it’s never pleasant.
So, add these tips to your daily routine and watch the big difference these small changes can make.